Emergency preparedness gifts are a great choice for the holidays. They are practical, yet not as likely as a beef log or pair of fuzzy slippers to end up under the tree. Plus everyone needs one for home, work, school or on-the-go. Therefore, you can expect that your emergency preparedness gift will be genuinely appreciated.
The question then becomes which emergency preparedness gift to purchase. My number one recommendation is an emergency kit that looks smart and has the right emergency preparedness products for one person wherever they may chose to use it - home, work, school or on-the-go (in their car). response.
So, I highly recommend the Personal Grab-and-Go 3-Day Emergency Kit (80001). This is the same emergency kit that my wife and I consistently give for wedding gifts (forget the marble rolling pin - that as so 1980's - we got two or three for our wedding) and we always get a very positive "thank you".
The reasons I like this personal grab-and-go emergency kit as an emergency preparedness gift are:
1) It has a great presentation (it looks really nice as a gift)
2) It is indeed personal so it makes it easy to give to a single person or to give in the appropriate multiples for a gift to a couple, family, group of employees, etc.
3) It is appropriate for use at home, work (we get a lot of corporate orders), school (I send them off to college with my kids) or on-the-go (many of those we have given them to keep them in their car).
4) It has the basic survival essentials for up to three days in a very compact and smart bag that can be carried by hand or over the shoulder.
5) It provided just enough extra room to add personal items (glasses, some cash, emergency meds, etc.).
Here is a list of all of the features and contents of this Personal Grab-and-Go 3-Day Emergency Kit :
Meets U.S. Government All–Hazard Preparedness guidelines for 3 Days (72 hours) of personal emergency support.
Includes supplies for breathing protection, first aid, water and food [5–year shelf life], warmth, communication, light, hygiene and sanitation.
Heavy–duty 600 denier shoulder bag has 3 zippered compartments and a cell phone pocket.
Stores easily in drawers, shelves, cabinets, and vehicles.
- Compact: compact emergency–grade supplies cover all U.S. Government recommended personal basics
- Durable protection of supplies: rugged 600 denier construction bag with enough room for additional emergency as well as personal supplies
- Comfortable transport: shoulder strap is padded, and adjustable; easy–grab top handles
- Quick–access organization: 3 storage compartments plus a pocket for a cell phone; easy–pull ergonomic zippers; double zippered main compartments; internal key clip; internal organization for writing supplies and personal items
- Long life: water and food has 5–year shelf life and are US Coast Guard approved
For protection and shelter:
- (1) N–95 respirator (face mask)
- (1) Emergency thermal blanket
- (1) Emergency poncho
For communication and light:
- (1) Metal whistle with lanyard
- (2) 12–Hour light sticks
For hydration and nutrition:
- (6) 4 oz. emergency water pouches [5–year shelf life – U.S. Coast Guard approved]
- (1) 2,400–calorie food bar (12 individually wrapped 200–calorie portions) [5–year shelf life – U.S. Coast Guard approved]
For medical, hygiene and sanitation needs:
- (1) Personal First Aid packet
- (6) Moist towelettes
For storage and easy transport:
- Emergency preparedness supplies are packed in a rugged carrying bag with padded shoulder straps and quick–grab top carrying handles.
Dimensions and weight: 9'' x 4.75'' x 11''; 5 lbs.
So we have lots of choices of emergency preparedness gifts for the Holidays at www.LifeSecure.com, but this would be my top choice for "sure to please" emergency preparedness gift for anyone on your Holiday list.
Every Life Secure - 475,000 lives secured and counting.