In an emergency or disaster the natural "first reach" is for our cell phones. Whether to call for help or let others know we have survived, communication with the outside world, and especially loved ones, becomes critical. The last thing we need is a dead cell phone battery or one that will quickly be that way. Thus, having a portable battery backup on your person or in your emergency kit becomes a must.
For the past few months I have avoided plugging my cell phone into the wall and have instead been using the Goal Zero Flip 10 Emergency cell phone charger.
I even convinced my wife (a total "non-gadget" person) to do the same. This week she pronounced the Flip 10, "Fantastic!" as it has saved her from having her cell phone go dead multiple times when on the run. Now when she is about to head out and notices her cell phone is about to die, she just grabs her Goal Zero Flip 10 Cell Phone Charger and takes it with her. There is no leaving the phone behind to charge or waiting for it to charge up either at home or in the car before she can use it.
What I like about this great little emergency charger is:
1) Small and compact: The charger weighs in at the "no-weight" of 2.5 oz and it's small enough (3.6" x .75" x .75") to carry in any pocket and any size emergency kit. So it's a perfect EDC (Every Day Carry) item or addition to any emergency kit. I keep one in the car as well. I will now be adding at least one in each of my emergency kits.
2) Ease of Use When Charging: The Goal Zero Flip 10 is so compact that I often end up using my phone (speaking, texting, emailing, or browsing) even while I am charging. As soon as my cell battery gets low, I grab the Flip 10 and plug it in to my phone and keep texting, talking, or emailing.
3) Charge indicator: I never have to wonder how much juice is left in the charger. Four blue lights activated by pressing on the USB (when folded in and stored) give an exact read of how much power is left.
4) Easy to Recharge: When its time to recharge, I just stick it in any USB port (on my computer, on my cell-phone charger base, or on my Goal Zero Sherpa 100 Solar Power Pack). It charges up quickly. I actually keep a few of the Flip 10s around as well as a Flip 20, and Flip 30 so I always have portable charging available at a moments notice.
5) High Visibility Color: I love that my green (also comes in bright blue) Flip 10 is so easy to spot. It's easier to find than my phone with its black case.
6) Includes Compact Charging Cord: The charger comes with a compact USB to mini USB cord. This works great for my Android phone. If you have an IPhone, you can use your own cord or purchase a compact cord.
Perhaps the best thing of all is that you can now get a Goal Zero Flip 10 Emergency Phone Charger FREE with any purchase of $125 or more (before shipping & taxes) on www.lifesecure.com. Just enter the Coupon code CHARGE at the checkout. So head to www.lifesecure.com now to stock up on the latest emergency preparedness gear and get your FREE emergency cell phone charger.
Every Life Secure in An Unsure World.TM